Sunday, January 26, 2014

Southampton High School Students Learn Hands Only CPR... Again!

   As you know, last year I teamed up with my high school and local EMS volunteers to make Hands Only CPR a part of the gym class curriculum. I'm excited to share that Hands Only CPR training has returned to Southampton High School! My classmates and I learned how to save lives in any situation. Upperclassmen reviewed Hands Only CPR and first aid, while freshmen were introduced to the life-saving process! Here are some pictures of the students learning how to save a life:


The students learned how to save a life from gym teachers and EMS volunteers.


Practicing Hands Only CPR!



Students also learned how to respond when someone is choking: use abdominal thrusts!



   Thank you SO much to the Southampton EMS volunteers to took time out of their busy schedules to teach my classmates and I how to save lives. Also, thank you to the gym teachers at my school for allowing Hands Only CPR to be apart of the gym curriculum for a second year.

XOXO,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment